Status
Not open for further replies.

VFrancisco

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2009
In a pineapple under the sea...
11" Blind Bagarius Yarelli: "Goonch" Catfish
Has no eyes, literally (see pics). But, is very healthy, eating Massivore despite being blind. Also, eats live feeders on occasion. Would keep it, but not getting along too well with other bottom dwellers in my tank.
Asking: $70 OBO
Pickup - 97166

IMG_7140.JPG

IMG_7139.JPG

IMG_7138.JPG

IMG_7136.JPG

IMG_7135.JPG

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
is it skittish ? like will he freak out all of a sudden and bump his nose?
wonder if he'll be able to find food when my tank bottom is covered with 2-3" round river pebble...

rclark12

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2009
new jersey
pretty awesome catfish !

and i think hed be fine in your tank he probly has a realy good sense of smell

davis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2009
oberlin
dude these catfish are predators from some river in taiwan they have needle like fish they are predators dont keep this fish

dirtyblacksocks

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Moreno Valley
davis;3375253; said:
dude these catfish are predators from some river in taiwan they have needle like fish they are predators dont keep this fish
:screwy: Wrong site buddy.

The waters these things live in are pretty murky to begin with - probably does fine even though it's blind. Just gotta drop food in front of it and make sure it's not getting out competed by more vigorous eaters.

carcinoma

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2005
At home
davis;3375253; said:
dirtyblacksocks;3375519; said:
:screwy: Wrong site buddy.

The waters these things live in are pretty murky to begin with - probably does fine even though it's blind. Just gotta drop food in front of it and make sure it's not getting out competed by more vigorous eaters.

Ditto. :screwy::screwy::screwy:

TheRealMacDaddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2009
In my own little world
davis;3375253; said:
dude these catfish are predators from some river in Taiwan they have needle like fish they are predators don't keep this fish
Dude, this is Monster Fish Keepers.com, not Sissy Fish Keepers.com! If you don't have a PREDATOR in your tank you really shouldn't be here...you might become offended :eek:

The Guppy site is a little farther down the Internet highway.

Oh and they ain't from Taiwan they are from the foothills of the Himalayas (where the biggest ones come from) to Malaysia, and they eat EVERYTHING :D

To the OP. If I had a bigger tank setup :drool:. But here's a bump for a good deal

VFrancisco

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2009
In a pineapple under the sea...
pupumole: Not skittish at all. Actually, very active during feeding time. Has no problem finding food. I can drop pellets on the other side of the tank & it'll still be able to find it. But, like it was said earlier, may have to drop food near it if there are other competitors for food in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store