Craigslist tanks

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
Hi I need help making a decision on which 125g tank you think I should get. The first one is nice because it has a wooden stand, however the tank doesn't look as clean and looks like it has more scratches on it. I'm sure however it can be cleaned up to look very good.

The 2nd tank looks nicer however has a metal stand-

both of these come with lights and a few other misc non-important items.
they both hold water fine and are the same price.

-What do you guys think?

tankzor.jpg

Tank jake.jpg

shluffer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Connecticut
If its not much of a trip go look at both of them. The difference in the glass may be from the picture.

You can also try to get one of them to go down since you have the other as a backup.

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
they are both about an hour and a half away from my house and 2 hours away from each other. So id really like to decide on pics- the guy with the wooden stand has only told me that he has it- and has not responded to my emails in about 3 days- the other person is responding alot- so IDK maybe i'll go with metal stand.

Miguel4u2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
New York
I think that it would be better to get the one with the wooden stand, that way if you decide to sell it you will get more money but if he has not responded to your emails than don't waste your time.

jus85411

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
nowhere
go with the metal stand one, that just looks better from the pics and can only look better in person. pics never do the tanks any justice especially when they are empty and you can see pretty much every little scratch. i personally dont like them and im guessing you dont really either, but i got a 75 off CL and it came with a metal stand. i plan on doing a velcro curtain covering every piece of metal especially since its an oak tank with a black metal stand :\

buck_wildest

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Tampa, FL
metal stand one looks to me nicer, plus the other guy seems to be a hastle. when buying a used tank its always a coin toss anyways so just go for it :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store