MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail

Unholy1761

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orange Park, Florida
i feel bad about a baby dieing but come on "all pythons" i think they should just collect them and sell them back to pet industrys.

i mean one baby died due to inproper houseing and now the snake species must be banned...

babys get killed by natives such as rattlers far more often than this :(

either way thanks for posting man... i only wish there where more videos positively showing some of floridas exotics...

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Its kind of like a loaded gun that some idiot leaves around the house and the kids get a hold of it. Then one kid shoots another. Point is when an adult is irresponsible tradgedy will strike. Banning the snake will not stop iresponsible idiots from finding ways for tradgedy to strike. With a responsible adult a snake like that would have never gotten close to a crib! How about you need to have a license for any animal that can be deadly. Never seen a deadly (TO HUMANS) cichlid yet.

Toby_H

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I saw on the news yesterday that lady's boyfriend drowned her baby...

I think we should put a ban on boyfriends...

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
I highly doubt that FL will put a ban on them. They already have to have microships, and I believe either papers or a license with some speices when you get them in the first place. This was a problem a long time ago.... I am pretty sure they will go another way on dealing with the issue.. a ban will easily lead to more people letting them go. Also this childs death has nothing to do with snakes in the everglades.. I dont get that one. Thats just my .02.

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
Ash;3383118; said:
I highly doubt that FL will put a ban on them. They already have to have microships, and I believe either papers or a license with some speices when you get them in the first place. This was a problem a long time ago.... I am pretty sure they will go another way on dealing with the issue.. a ban will easily lead to more people letting them go. Also this childs death has nothing to do with snakes in the everglades.. I dont get that one. Thats just my .02.

I agree and the problem is the chip law was never enforced . It still isnt .

I dont have a python and will never get one but don't think they should be banned . The state should try for once enforcing the law and fine those who sell/own them with no chips which never happens and problem solved.

At least as far as people releasing them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store