Datnoid, tank mates..and HI!

kaladar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Iceland, Reykjavik
Hi everyone this is my first post here at MFK!!

I really need advice from you guys now.

I just got my ST Datnoid (sounds better than STD) today, and I have him in a temporary aquarium atm because I´m not sure if he fits in with the crowd in my current 105gal setup.

The datnoid is fairly small approx 10cm, but in my 105g I currently have:

1x 15cm Green Terror
1x 11cm Firemouth Ellioti
2x 15-20cm Polypterus polli & senegalus
2x 14cm Leporinus Arcus (lipstick leporinus)
1x 15cm pleco

I have only noticed aggression from the green terror towards other cichlids so far. And the Leporinus has developed the taste of polypterus fins, so I guess I will have to let those wonderful leporinus fishes away :(

The Datnoid is my main concern, I have been looking forward to having that fish for sometime now, and to my knowledge they are extremely rare fish to have in my country. I want him to be safe and like his new home.

Would it be bad idea to put him in that 105g aquarium with the information provided?

kaladar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Iceland, Reykjavik
kaladar;3385515; said:
1x 15cm Green Terror
1x 11cm Firemouth Ellioti
2x 15-20cm Polypterus polli & senegalus
2x 14cm Leporinus Arcus (lipstick leporinus)
1x 15cm pleco

Just noticed you all measure in inches so here is an updated with inches not centimeters :)

My new Dat is only 3-4" and my existing fishes in the 105gal are:

1x 6" Green Terror
1x 4-5" Firemouth Ellioti
2x 6"-8" Polypterus polli & senegalus
2x 5-6" Leporinus Arcus (lipstick leporinus)
1x 6" pleco

david503bk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
Mamma's house
Dats are aggressive fish. You got pics? Never seen an ST that small for a long time.

kaladar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Iceland, Reykjavik
Ahh yes it could very well be that this is a thinbar dat sold to me as siamese tiger dat, but I don't really care, its a cool Dat :)

I grabbed my camera and here are two shots of the little fellow.

Hope you don't mind about the copyright and url(icelandic fish wiki)...I´m a hobby photographer and feel like I must have a little (c) on all photos I post...

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
Definetly a NTT. And a good looking one too.

Sæll. Ég er Síkliðan á fiskaspjallinu. Ég er ekkert hissa að tjorvi fékk vitlausan fisk, definetly ekki D. Micro.

Have you got him to eat anything yet? I would try shrimps, if he doesnt take them than you will have to feed feeders for a few weeks. I wouldnt starve him til he is settled in your tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store