Fighting Fronts in Action

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
I really love them all.. but here are some fighting fronts. And by tommorrow i have decide which two should go.. three are fighting with each other... doesn't make it easy to choose.. who would you choose to go or stay..:( if these were all males with no females would they still fight because i think theres only one female in the tank.. maybe i should let her go....

fronts 004.JPG

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
maybe the males are fighting for the female...maybe if you take the female out it would calm down but it might not...one idea is to leave one male and one female...just ideas...maybe if you can get more females it could work out?

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
sbuse;3391916; said:
maybe the males are fighting for the female...maybe if you take the female out it would calm down but it might not...one idea is to leave one male and one female...just ideas...maybe if you can get more females it could work out?
i don't care about the breeding.. i just feel bad giving up the fish i raised.. so i was hoping they were like the malawi...with out the females and then it would be all male tank.. but if that won't work then i will proceed to let the two males go.. i don't want to get anymore.. they are getting pretty big now and i am running out of space..lol

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i hope the all male thing works...i also hate letting fish go...i was shooting for an all male african tank for the same reason...then i found babies in the tank

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
sbuse;3391945; said:
i hope the all male thing works...i also hate letting fish go...i was shooting for an all male african tank for the same reason...then i found babies in the tank
yes i don't know if it works the same for fronts.. i have to find out.. :D

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
gl with the fishes and let us know...i really like fronts...but i don't think it could work in any my tanks

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
sbuse;3391980; said:
gl with the fishes and let us know...i really like fronts...but i don't think it could work in any my tanks
They need to be in a colony for best results..grow very slow...they hide alot..and are skittish... and need eventually a very large tank since they can grow to 16 inches... of course that takes years..

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
ya in my tanks they would be eatten now but maybe in my new fish room i could figure something out...about 2 months ago i saw some 3" for $12 at my lfs...

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Marius;3392378; said:
I think you should get rid of all the frontosas but the Kigoma male (the 7 stripes one) and get yourself a few more females for him.
i do love him the best...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store