Live sand

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
Hey, i'm staring up my 125g predator tank. Where do you guys think would be a good place to get live sand from? What type and how many lbs do you think I need? Thanks alot!

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
you can get plain aragonite sand at your LFS and the organism's on your live rock will populate the sand in about a month. It's cheaper this way and easier.

mr.reef24

sand size is based on personal preference just no crushed coral

jus85411

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
nowhere
well since your in PA, if your in the area sometime soon Petco in king of prussia is moving and not paying for the inventory and stuff to move. they are getting all new stuff, i just got probably a 10 pound piece of live rock for $15 and a 20 pound bag of live sand for $18 pretty much the entire store is 10-40% off until they clear out and will probably only get cheaper as the move date gets closer. i think this weekend is the last of the sales not sure though

Deano1956

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Morris, IL.
In this poor economy alot of fellow hobbiest are calling it quits at least for now and are looking to sell off there live sand and rock. I have had them give me lots of live sand and even live rock. Put an ad on here or craigslist. you never know who will be generious.

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
if you were closer to me in pittsburgh I might be able to find you bucket's of sand for cheap from some of my friends greenhouse projects for coral propagation.

mr.reef24

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store