my 75 gallon project

vass69

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Buffalo, NY
75 gallon saltwater in perfect condition
equipt with 2 65 watt 10000k daylights as well as 2 65 watt atinics a total of 260 watts of light
Red Sea hydrometer
Red Sea test kit
Fluval 405 canister filter
2 Seio power heads rated at 620 gph
Red Sea Prizm skimmer
Mag Float glass cleaner
And a Stand and Canopy

And it only cost me $400 from a guy who didnt know what he was doing!!!! I'm already at a great advantage! :banhim:

Not knowing too much besides what the internet has to offer how does everything think i did? And what would you think would need to be upgraded??

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
nice, mature the tank - run it through without anything but water than add what you want! Live rock, live sand, tangs, wrasses, small eels, anything sutible for a 75 gallon!!

vass69

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Buffalo, NY
steal/deal, seeing as i never seem to get lucky i thought it was awesome haha, but yes Ocean, that is exactly what i plan on doing. Is the red sea prizm enough of a skimmer for a 75 gallon tank?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
@$%&! FILL IT ALREADY I NEED TO SEE IT!!!! :D

jdubb1316

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2009
jackson M.I.
~ocean;3399878; said:
nice, mature the tank - run it through without anything but water than add what you want! Live rock, live sand, tangs, wrasses, small eels, anything sutible for a 75 gallon!!
get your tank set up thats a wonderful steal,but please DONT!! put any tangs or warrses or eels in the tank yet first get your self some good live rock and sand at least 65lbs of rock. Start running your tank and then put some damsels in the tank to get the tank cycling dont spend alot of money on tangs and other pricey fish just yet,the more live rock the better it helps to filtrate your tank:)

vass69

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I'm starting to put it together, although it seems like forever that i have been wanting to do this. Just a couple of things before i really get going..

Mixing the salt - water to the correct levels, i have a hydrometer... then live rock, live and and let cure for at least 30 days before really starting to add anything. During this time i will be documenting water levels along with taking photos of anything new that i notice growing within this time frame.

Let me know if im forgetting anything!! I want to make this a open suggestion, i will take everyone opinions very seriously.

fcamargo6thave

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
Jersey City NJ
jdubb1316;3404398; said:
get your tank set up thats a wonderful steal,but please DONT!! put any tangs or warrses or eels in the tank yet first get your self some good live rock and sand at least 65lbs of rock. Start running your tank and then put some damsels in the tank to get the tank cycling dont spend alot of money on tangs and other pricey fish just yet,the more live rock the better it helps to filtrate your tank:)

Everything what he said is right i made a big mistake of adding to many fish all at once.. u might have to wait till the cycle process is complete then u can add one fish.. read the stickys on everything saltwater in this site and u will learn alot dont make the mistake i did

BTW nice purchase i myself am looking for a deal like that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store