Apparently I need a warning label...
    hows my posting?
    1-800-IDONTCARE

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    02-09-2014 9:36 AM
    I really wish you guys would stop running the Classifieds with such an iron fist. It's the best part of this site imo. I've been clicking the for-sale threads since 2005, and amazingly enough I've never been hurt by one that didn't post a location in the title or some other minor infraction. Seriously, what's the harm in leaving them open? It'd be nice to see you incorporate a little "free-market" philosophy back into the classifieds. Less regulation and let the market work things out. If people don't like the title, they don't have to click it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8KarmaSF;3439428;
    5 more threads just closed...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8KarmaSF;3442304;
    ^ I think Mike might have gotten them all...lol

Great job Mikey!
    And seeing you guys close the threads with such enthusiam isn't cool.
    I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

1 is the magic number Gr8KarmaSF's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Global Moderators
    Real Name
    Jer
    Sorry this is not a debate. We show enthusiasm cuz its nice to finally see the buy and sell forum actually come together and have some organization. For people who check the sales several times daily it saves them lots of time...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Gr8KarmaSF/videos

Quote Originally Posted by JD7.62
    I always pictured J as a skinny Asian middle aged guy with probably salt and peppered hair, typical school teacher type, not some tatted up dude that could almost kick my butt!

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    01-31-2014 2:42 PM
    for christ sake! Mine got closed what the F, all the regs are there!!!!! Price, Location, model, state, ect etc etc!

Dude seriously if this becomes a pain to post, I will use craigslist first. You guys are going at it way to serious, and gonna piss good folk off, and eventually loose items in this section. I'd urge you guys to be more user friendly!

trust me I am employed full time as a usability designer, there has to be flexibility. Jerry I know you guys have good intentions. But seriously trust me on this. You guys are making a bad usability choice, one that will effect all of us. I know whomever is moding this section does not do this for a living. I'm not trying to be rude.. only making a point.
    Last edited by soulFish; 09-26-2009 at 11:39 PM.
    SoulFish
    http://www.TunaTale.com
    http://www.SoulFishDesign.com

Some often say, "I'm off to see a man about a fish."

Usergroup
    Global Moderators
    Real Name
    Jer
    Quote Originally Posted by soulFish;3485736;
    for christ sake! Mine got closed what the F, all the regs are there!!!!! Price, Location, model, state, ect etc etc!

I know whomever is moding this section does not do this for a living. I'm not trying to be rude.. only making a point.
    Several Mods control this forum. Not trying to be rude? I doubt that. Dont curse and then say youre not trying to be rude. You've always been the nicest guy, no need to take it out on the Mods...

The thread you posted below is actually INCORRECT -

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...d.php?t=261637

Below is an example of what should be in your TITLE , hundreds of people have been doing this and so can you, so before you go typing out of frustration, simply take a second to figure out why it was closed. Mods dont go around closing things for no reason, we have better things to do....

Format : Prefix - Item - Location (City and State/Province) - Method of Transport (shipping or pick up)

Example : FS - Arowana - York, PA - Pick-up only

Example : FT - Polypterus endlicheri - York, PA - shipping or pick-up

I always pictured J as a skinny Asian middle aged guy with probably salt and peppered hair, typical school teacher type, not some tatted up dude that could almost kick my butt!

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    Sorry Jerry, just hate to see posts deleted. I know you guys are trying to clean up the bad posts, no price, no location etc. Just try to keep an open mind on the thousands of people that use this directory.

It's always a hard task to "Train" users to do things in a different manner, especially one's that have been posting their way for years. When sites change drastically they usually do have significant drop off in their user base. It's especially critical on estores, blogs, etc. Thats why craigslist, Amazon, Ebay, etc do not change the posting rules, formats that fast. They gradually introduce a couple regs here a couple there, their main goal is to make it more useable, without loosing traffic and sales.
    SoulFish

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    Again sorry Jerry I know you guys dont get paid to deal with the trash, abuse and poltics of users and do this for the love of the hobby.
    SoulFish

Usergroup
    Global Moderators
    Real Name
    Jer
    ^ No worries, I was just surprised to read that post from you. I understand that change is difficult for some, which is why we tried to communicate the needed change to our members, via email, mass pm, and bumping a reminder thread. Yes, people get annoyed at first but eventually learn and see that the more organized buy/sell format saves everybody time and energy, everybody that is expect the mods....lol

Sarcasm Redefined... mike dunagan's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    11-14-2013 8:08 PM
    Blog Entries
    Since the traffic to this site is more than just the buy/sell section the free market does not apply. The free market theory only works when the sells have something to gain or lose. Posting is free so there is no cost applied to their advertising. When something is free people will abuse it. It is a fact of the free market system. IF however people prefer we would make a true free market and charge you to sell items like ebay and other auction sites do.

This is part of the reason why we have to regulate the buy/sell.

So no fear all, we will continue to make this free website better for all... practicing a little bit of another popular idea protection of Minority rights. Those who have been asking for years for an upgrade to the site! Also, since the buy/sell is a benefit and not the sole purpose of the site members who would drop the site totally over the buy.sell changes are not likely active in the forum itself. So, on those ideas, we will continue to take in user input and try to create the best user friendly forum out there!

Please continue to share your thoughts and ideas as calmly as possible. We will listen to all and try our best to help out!

Remember, without change a site will become clutter, boring, and will die. We are always changing to meet our users needs. Change is good in a forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Fellow Member; ;
    Straitjacketstar, you and Mike are absolute JERKS
    Apparently I need a warning label...
    hows my posting?
    1-800-IDONTCARE

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    08-20-2010 2:40 AM
    To me simple as this. Rant...

Read the rules and post correctly.
    If you dont like the rules sell your fish elsewhere.
    These are only simple rules that they are applying so idk what's hard about following them.
    MFK isn't going to lose traffic because of it's iron fist ruling. If your thread got closed it's for a reason and it wouldn't have gotten close/deleted if you just follow the rules.
    keeping it real.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast