best monsters for a 40Gal Long?

erk2581

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
Michigan
48 1/4 x 12 3/4 x 16 7/8 LxWxH....

Thats the dimensions of this tank, filtered by one Emperor 400...and soon to be a second. I'd REALLY like to do about 15-20 Exodons but I can NOT find them anywhere. What would be another good monster to put in there? Maybe some kind of Bichir...Wolf? New to Monsters...what could I put in there? Thanks everyone.

MeiTnerium109

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Look on AquaBid.

Well, I guess it depends on what you like. Vicious fish or cool looking ones. Bichirs could work, though I wouldn't get anything large. Had a senegal for a few years, and it was cool.

Maybe a Spotted Cachorro?

Plec123

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
North Jersey
If you can afford it, a single gulper cat would be pretty awesome.
You could get a few sen bichirs or ropefish...
Or a single breeding pair of some sort of new world cichlid
or a community with one of the larger eartheaters as the centerpiece.

erk2581

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
Michigan
hmm thanks guys, keep bringin on the suggestions, i know its a small tank and like I said i'd love to do Exodons im just tired of looking for them, and they're so damn pricey...

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
I believe so, at least for ONE EBJD. Probably not a regular jack dempsey though, since EBJDs get a tad bit smaller and aren't as territorial. I just bought a 40 long and an EBJD was a serious consideration. I think just a single full grown EBJD would be cool with maybe a sen bichir or a shoal of pretty rasboras or something. Just my opinion. GL.

erk2581

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
Michigan
Matt724;3418094; said:
I believe so, at least for ONE EBJD. Probably not a regular jack dempsey though, since EBJDs get a tad bit smaller and aren't as territorial. I just bought a 40 long and an EBJD was a serious consideration. I think just a single full grown EBJD would be cool with maybe a sen bichir or a shoal of pretty rasboras or something. Just my opinion. GL.

what'd you end up doin in your 40?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store