125g predator tank stocking suggestions

AC2020x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
State College, PA
Hey, I have a new 125g tank that i'm making into a predator. I got some really nice dry key largo rock from marcorocks.com that I love! I just added live sand to in yesterday so I still have a while to go before getting any fish.

So i'm trying to decide what I want to get, in about 2 or so months that is. What do you think? Not all of these, but some of them. All would be way way to overstocked.

Porcupine puffer
Dogface puffer
-Niger Trigger
-Humu Picasso Trigger
-Snowflake eel
-Tang- Blue or Brown Powder/ Naso(might be to big) any other reccomendations?
-Angel- Dwarf- Coral Beauty, flame, lemon peel, rusty or large koran, Blue Girdled, Blueface, Annularis
-I want a lionfish but i doubt it would work
-Some type of wrasse

What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Other fish you guys think would go well in predator tank? Any of these an absolute no?

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
Take out the niger trigger - you can put a six line or a flasher wrasse in there along with a blue/hippo/regal tang.

lee1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
paradise
My suggestion for a predator tank

miniatus grouper

black volitan lion

super male lime green wrasse of male lunare

dogface puffer

zebra moray

That will probably be a bit crowded due to the size that some of these guys reach.

The1and only

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
San Diego
I would stay away from mixing the triggers. I tried in my 90 and had a Bursa and a Niger living together fine but I traded like 6 Huma's at my fish store before I found one that would work. The Huma was half the size of the others, and after about two months the Huma started beating the bursa up again pretty badly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store