questons about my freshwater ray

rachelray

Feeder Fish
Sep 2, 2009
talbott, tn
Hello everyone... I'm new to this site so it may take me awhile to get use to it lol. I have some questions about my ray. I've reserched her a bit and found that i could feed her shrimp and earthworms... is that true? I'm feeding her live feeders but scared that she will get a parasite. If anyone could help me that would be great.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
yes deff alot better to switch to smelt, shrimp, pellets, earthworms, squid, etc...

rachelray

Feeder Fish
Sep 2, 2009
talbott, tn
what about cut up fish filet?

rachelray

Feeder Fish
Sep 2, 2009
talbott, tn
what is smelt if i may ask lol

GrindeL89

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
St.Catharines
thats bs because this fish is a predator. taking away live food from any predetory is like taking away its natural instincts from them. that being so,your fish should have an allround diet smelt shrimp and so worth.these predetors live to hunt so never take away live food from them, just dont give to them everyday, the odd goldfish "treat" as i would say helps build a strong amune system for your fish.dont ever let a predetors hunting skills go to waste. my own opion

GrindeL89

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
St.Catharines
just use your eye and pick out the healthy looking goldfish,feed her heathy looking goldfish 1 to 3 times a week to keep her hunting skills to a (T)

Austin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2005
GrindeL89;3422751; said:
thats bs because this fish is a predator. taking away live food from any predetory is like taking away its natural instincts from them. that being so,your fish should have an allround diet smelt shrimp and so worth.these predetors live to hunt so never take away live food from them, just dont give to them everyday, the odd goldfish "treat" as i would say helps build a strong amune system for your fish.dont ever let a predetors hunting skills go to waste. my own opion
FAIL.

Goldfish are complete and total disease infested **** unless you are breeding your own, which most don't. They lack nutritional value even if they're clean.

OP: Please disreguard this info, most experiened keepers feed a staple pellet, shrimp and smelt. There are absolutely no problems with this. It's much safer for the animal, better nutrition, and just plain more convenient.

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
GrindeL89;3422751; said:
GrindeL89;3422759; said:
just use your eye and pick out the healthy looking goldfish,feed her heathy looking goldfish 1 to 3 times a week to keep her hunting skills to a (T)
LOL very epic fail, not even going to bother with pointing out whats wrong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store