Sajica + Angelfish?

L021

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Ontario CA
My local petsmart has a sajica labeled as a convict for 4 bucks, and a sajica seems perfect to finish my tank. However, i'm not sure if it would attack my angelfish. The angel is a quick healer, in a territory battle with my blue acara both healed after 6 hours (and there was some fin damage). My current stock is:

2 tapajos eartheaters (6inches)
1 L021 (will be moved once he reaches 1')
1 Angelfish (killed it's mate)
1 Blue acara
4 leopard danios (lived 4 good years, 2 of which were in the 55. most are pretty old, don't expect them to live long.)

paulz01

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
california
How big is the tank?

My Sajica is very mean and he's in a 180 gal tank. He does not let anyone go in his territory. I have monos as my dither fishes, they're a lot faster than angel fishes though so I may not be sure if your angel fishes can swim fast enough when the Sajica protects its teritory.

Then again it depends on the fish, you may get a chill sajica. Good luck though

CTU2fan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Port Orange, FL
Hmm I didn't think they were that aggressive...I'd always rated blue acara as more aggro than sajicas. It's worth a shot, though if it is mean you'd obviously have a problem.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
in a large enough tank I'd say it could work as long as the angel isnt a weak or really young specimen

L021

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Ontario CA
The angel's had a fight with the blue when he was introduced. He's tough. The angel can put up with the acara, and when he was introduced, he thought the whole tank was his territory, even took on the pleco. At any rate, I would put the sajica at average, he was in a tank by himself and was still cautios about leaving. Been there 2 weeks.

L021

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Ontario CA
It's a 55 gallon*

L021

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Ontario CA
I seem to have had perfectly 50/50 results. Nice.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
it is a gamble, its up to you if yuo want to try ti, I would go for it, and keep a very watchful eye

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store