Craigslist?

Phosaurus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
California
Hello Monster Fish Keepers!

Sorry, I don't know if I'm posting in the right section. I'm new here. Also, fairly new to fish keeping. I usually just read threads and posts. Any who,

I purchase this 1 1/2 year old 55 gallon acrylic tank on Craigslist with other equips for $35 no stand or canopy. When I saw the tank. It was a lot bigger than I expected ( Lol. Having 29G my biggest going to a 55G of course it would look big D: ). The tank was dirty but the stocking inside the tank surprised me the most.

Fish:
1 5inch Koi
1 5inch Goldfish
2 2inch Goldfish
1 5-6inch Blue Texas?
1 5-6inch Black Ghost Knife?
2 Unknown cichlid?

No heater. Protein Skimmer attach:confused: and working along with a Aqua tech filter?

Such beautiful fish but I plan on turning these fish into the local pet store because I def have no space for them. I currently have them in temporarily tank and tub until tomorrow. I'm sorry if these temporarily homes offend you.:(

Pictures :

Temporarily homes:

Looks expensive. After a hour getting home and some cleaning, the seller called back and wanted the protein skimmer back because it was his friends ( they share a apartment together I could hear him in the back while we were talking ) so after a few seconds of thinking I simply just agreed. I'm a firm believer in Karma I don't want anything bad to happen to me or my love ones. So he will be picking it up tomorrow. I was looking forward to doing a Salt water tank for my dad the week before his birthday ( some time in October ). Lol. Oh well.

I will start cleaning the tank tomorrow but I have no stand for the tank. I will see how this goes.

Thank you for taking your time to read/look.

jerzyperson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Indiana
if there was any way you could get them up here i would take the cichlids and knife or what you think is a knife. i have a 55 gal that only has 2-3 fish in it. small fish, or even just the blue texas

sick_lid

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2008
Austin, TX
The blue texas your reffering to is a jack dempsey, and the knife is a brown knife.

I also have the same pump your holding in your hand, and its a great one. $35 is a great deal, good luck on getting it all set up right.

Phosaurus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
California
Sorry, I have no knowledge of shipping. I can't drive by myself yet. I wish I can.:(

jerzyperson;3426203; said:
if there was any way you could get them up here i would take the cichlids and knife or what you think is a knife. i have a 55 gal that only has 2-3 fish in it. small fish, or even just the blue texas

Phosaurus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
California
Thank you so much for the help info. Yeah that whole system protein skimmer and pump looked really amazing too bad I have to give it back. His friend was going to sell it to me for $200 but I don't know anything about it so I decided to just give it back.

Thank you.
sick_lid;3426212; said:
The blue texas your reffering to is a jack dempsey, and the knife is a brown knife.

I also have the same pump your holding in your hand, and its a great one. $35 is a great deal, good luck on getting it all set up right.

Austin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2005
looks good bro. get her cleaned up and cycled!

IKeepPacu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Long Island, New York
nice find. you have any idea exactly what you plan on stocking your tank with once you get rid of the fish that came with it?

most of those fish are much better suited in a tank a little larger than a 55g anyway, especially the goldfish. the brown knife could stay in the 55g i think, depending on what you planned on sticking with in the future

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store