FISH SUGGESTIONS

undyingguitarist

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
GASTONIA,NC
What fish should i keep in my tank, im a beginner, and i have a 55 gallon freshwater tank, i dont care too much for goldfish, i love tropical fish, semi-agressive tropical fish, any suggestions or ideas??????

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
This is a plea for help written in all caps with exclamation marks and all you want is some stocking suggestions?

Wow. I thought you had a tank full of your most treasured fish on the verge of death.

I recommend you put water in the tank.

nubz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2009
port aransas texas
if you want a single smart and agressive fish get an oscar. if you want a comunity get three clown loaches some angel fish and a few gouramis or get a breeding pair of convict cichlids

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Browse online and find some fish you like...

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
nubz;3428308; said:
if you want a single smart and agressive fish get an oscar. if you want a comunity get three clown loaches some angel fish and a few gouramis or get a breeding pair of convict cichlids
A 55 is the bare min for an oscar, not such a great idea.

Clown loaches grow to be 15" long, and are a schooling fish. You would need 6 of them and a tank at least 125 gallons. They are a really bad idea. Gouramis and angel fish are't compatible, don't put them in the same tank.

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Clown loaches grow to be 15" long
Please find me pics of this...they are likely, in the next ten years or so, to get about 6 inches long.

Gouramis and angel fish are't compatible, don't put them in the same tank.
A very broad statement, you have no idea what species he means. And completely wrong as well... I've had angels and various gourami species together for years and had no problems.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
undyingguitarist;3428349; said:
i thought clown loaches only get like 6" ??
I'd like to see a fifteen inch clown loach.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store