I'm curious, what do you keep with your rays?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hay everybody I'm a new ray owner! I have a motoro sting ray pup by himself, to be safe in a 48in. by 18in. by 25in. (Temperary of coarse). Well I've been searching the forms for great tank mates with these magnificiant creatures of the Amazons. Usually the fish I read about are:

-Clown Loaches
-Silver Arowanas
-Datnoids
-Senegals
and the occasional Peacock Bass and Lung Fish (SA).

I made this tread because I had two 3in firemouth ciclids with the ray and they immediantly attacked his eyes! In other words I would like you to add to this list and maybe we can obtain a large list of tankmates for this ever growing forum! This can help newbies like me get an idea for tankmates. Pictures are welcome!:naughty: Thanks

mshuangchao

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
China - 珠海
I keep mine with 5 Rhaphiodon vulpinus, 2 armatus and 2 BGK.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
well if you read some threads and did some research you would have also read that in basically every what can i keep with my ray thread they all say cichlids are a bad idea....

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
If I'm not mistaken some people do keep them with ciclids, I in fact don't like the idea due to aggresions I had with my parrot ciclids and got rid of them and now the fire mouts are gone, but there may be some docile ciclids out there.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
SOME cichlids are fine..... again if you read any of the what can i keep with my ray threads you will see the general answer is to avoid cichlids for the most part.... OBVIOUSLY you found out the hard way why...

so in general cichlids are a bad idea....

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
So far the list is:

Clown Loaches
Silver Arowanas
Senegals
Fire Eel
Barramundi
Gars
Datnoids
Peacock Bass
Fronts
Armatus
Rhaphiodon vulpinus
Black Gold Knife

Keep Going! So Far So Good!

carcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Fisher Branch, Manitoba, Canada
I have kept:

asian aros
dats
silver dollars
tinfoil barbs
severum
pbass
gar
clown knife (just recently)
clarias catfish

Everyone gets along with the motoro rays, even the cichlids.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store