Nimbochromis sp. together?

kingyella

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
Louisiana
yes you can house them togather in a large enough tank. It also sometimes just depends on that particular fish, he may be a pita. trail and error.

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.
Lizardking;3436256; said:
ok, so would a 5*2*2 work for a small nimbochromis community?

IMHO, a small community in a 5ft tank would be fine.

Wimmels

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holland
www.wimmels.com
A nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus is way to aggressive to be kept in that tank, he will kill all you other fish once he gets to a decent size. The other Nimbochromis species except for the Linni would fit.

Lizardking

Jocke
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Sweden
Wimmels;3436562; said:
A nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus is way to aggressive to be kept in that tank, he will kill all you other fish once he gets to a decent size. The other Nimbochromis species except for the Linni would fit.
ok, I heard that too that they are quite aggro.

Whatabout mixing venustus,livingstonii and a Dimidichromis Compressiceps?

Wimmels

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holland
www.wimmels.com
Lizardking;3436730; said:
ok, I heard that too that they are quite aggro.

Whatabout mixing venustus,livingstonii and a Dimidichromis Compressiceps?
This would work better, but you always need to keep a close watch.

But thats the case with all aquariums where you put these kind of fish in

Wimmels

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holland
www.wimmels.com
Lizardking;3436888; said:
ok, what do you think about mixing these kind of cichlids with polys and synodontis?
My friend and I use synodontis to keep the tanks clean. If a fish dies in an inaccessable place or you don't see it, the synodontis will clean it up for you.

If you want to keep a biotope, you might think of a Synodontis Nyassae (but these are rare). I guess that that the other synodontis like the lucipinnes(the dwarf) of poly white will also do their job well.

I mostly keep the poly whites as they have some more color. Advise is to keep most synodontis in large groups. if you keep 2 or 3 you won't see any. In the one tank I have 12 Poly white Zambia's. very cool to see them move around.

Hey I just noticed that you are from Sweden. 2 weeks back I was on holiday in Kristianopel near Karlskrona

geobal

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2007
st. louis
i keep some fuscos in a mixed african tank, they are about 5 inches I have 2 males and a female. They have been pretty chilled, they do run and bully the others but haven't done any serious damage to any fish the tank mates range in size from 2 to 5 inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store