New pick up.

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
I just picked up a 5-6" Dimidiochromis Strigatus. He is really nice. Anyone out there have these? They seem to be kinda hard to find. He was a trade in so no females but he sure is a looker. I will post pics in a day or so.

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
He was $30 bucks. I thought he was worth it. :)

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Here is a pic...He is really not this red. Pic was taken with a camera phone so not the best quality but you get the idea.

The color on this pic is more correct.

Attachments

lunsforj

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2009
corvallis, OR
That's a neat fish! My old work had a 320 display tank and bought 8 (2 males, 6 females) wild adults from the cichlid exchange about 5 years ago. They did great for about 6 months until the males reached about 6-7 inches, then overnight all he was left with was two males on either side of the tank and 6 carcasses. They seemed fine with all the other large open water Malawis though and even lived harmoniously with a large male Dimidiochromis compressiceps. I guess what I'm saying be careful if you plan on getting some girls to go with him because in my experience they can be pretty unpredictable. I guess that can be said for any cichlid though. On a side note great looking fish! Good find!

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.
Bre,

Awesome specimen and a great photo!

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Thanks all!!! He is just a cool fish. I am glad it was a good deal…I thought it was a good price especially because they are hard to find and he is good sized. I don’t know if I will ever get females just because don’t know if I would find any. We’ll see

CichlidsRool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
TUJUNGA,CA.SOCAL.
very nice pick-up buddy!!! lucky dude!!:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store