How long till salt takes effect?

ferco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2006
Scotland
hi there, going to be converting my Rio 180 to a Bracksih tank soon, and before anyone says anything, yes i am moving all the current occupents... it's going to home 3 archers and mabye some puffers, but just now it's just going to be the archers... now i was just wondering how long will it take ropughly for the salt, im adding 2tbls per gallon... now i know you can buy things like thermometres, that tell you the concentration of the salt... but can anyone tell me roughly how long, like a week, to turn 55galls of water brackish? thanks very much...

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
You need a hydrometer(A cheap swing handle hydrometer is fine),They are cheap see

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Submersible-D...7765800138QQcategoryZ3212QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

marine salt, some Puffers are definately not for beginners. . AVOID Freshwater Aquarium Salt as this is not the proper salt to use in brackish or marine tanks. As with all aquariums, you will need a product to remove chlorine and chloramine from your tap water before placing it in the tank. Make sure the product is listed for both fresh and saltwater use. Different fish require different salinity so make sure you have ones that can cope with it. Just make sure you cycle the tank as normal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store