Ecofix Pond Clearer and a 110 gallon tank?

Randell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2009
Walnut
Okay,

so I recently got my dad a 5" rtc for his 110 gallon tank. Well the water started to cloud slightly because the rtc is eating the shrimp I feed him but spitting out the shell.

This started happening right as I started my new job, so I told my dad I would handle it once I get acclimated at my new job.

I havent had the chance to test parameters but last time I tested, last wednesday, things were in line and fine, but my dad took it upon himself and dumped in some Ecofix Pond Clearer that he uses in his koi pond in the tank and it clouded the tank

if you do not know what I am talking about this is what it is,
http://www.watergarden.org/s.nl/it.A/id.176/.f?sc=2&category=5

The thing I am curious about is what I should do, I used the stuff once in a little 10 gallon I had and it clouded the water for a few days and cleared like magic, but its been almost a week already and Im wondering if I should change the water or let it run its course. The water is right at 86 degrees, if that matters.

The rtc seems happy and is swimming around and eating perfectly fine, the only issue besides the cloudiness is that there seems to be a film on the surface of the water.

I know its a newb question, but anyone have any thoughts on what I should do, I mean the tank has been like this for almost a week and the rtc seems happy and is acting like he has been since I got him, should I do a 20% water change? 50%? 100%? Let it run its course? Give it another week? I figure someone here has experience with something like this

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks everyone in advance!
-randy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store