Calvus mixed with hrp?

LobstersGoPeenchPeench

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Iowa, United States
so theres this black and white striped calvus at my lfs and i was thinking about growing him up with some small hrp's because ive never had a african in my whole career but i think they are awesome fish.
how would it react with them.
hrp's are like really mellow cons and they stay small.
also theres a dwarf compressiceps pike cichlid. but hes pretty mellow for a pike.
oh and some cory cats. but what do u guys think?
the calvus is about 2" and is like 15 bux. they have tons of africans and this fish store but ive never seen a calvus there.

Bonzo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2007
CA
Is it going to stay with the HRP and Pike for long term? What you should worry about is the growing rate of the calvus. It is freaking SLOW!! If you have a spare tank that it can go to if anything happen, then definitely do it. Calvus are really coo fish with some attitude. Personal suggestion is that you might want to do a tank for Tangs only. They are fun fish to watch. Say a 40 gallon with a few calvus, juli, and shellies is definitely fun to watch.

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
He will keep the con fry in check:naughty:

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
in a big enough tank they might be able to be together with hrp if they were adults

LobstersGoPeenchPeench

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Iowa, United States
ok itll be a 55g tank. and the pike cichlid is only like 2-3" and the hrp is about the same side. and there are some juvie hrp's at the same lfs. baby calvus is same size.
and i got 2 juvi julie cories and 1 big skunk cory. and a bumble bee jelly catfish. its a mini mini version on the rtc.
thats at least what it reminds me of in shape of body and fins. it only reachs like 3 ".
how big do calvus get?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store