Marbled dimi compressiceps

Dez.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
South Australia
Just picked up two marbled dimidiochromis compressiceps yesterday. I asked if they were a hybrid but the bloke assured me it was a true compressiceps.
Has anyone seen these full grown or have any pics. I would like to know what they look like mature. I have never come across this fish befor and just had to get them as soon as I saw them.

Dez.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
South Australia
Yeah that's what I thought, but the guy assured me it was a true. I was kinda hoping he was correct. Though my better judgement said otherwise. Still think these guys are gonna look awesome when there full grown.

Schneider

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
Hammond, In
Dez.;3450048; said:
Yeah that's what I thought, but the guy assured me it was a true. I was kinda hoping he was correct. Though my better judgement said otherwise. Still think these guys are gonna look awesome when there full grown.
They will not get as big as a true D. compressiceps as they are hybridised with mbuna. There is a profile for these fish on cichlid forum.com. You should get plenty of info there.

Dez.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
South Australia
:( Not happy about my purchase anymore. Serves me right for buying fish on a whim I guess. I did pick up two lichnochromis acuticeps and just wanted to add in some extra fish in with them to lessen the stress placed on them from current tank mates.
I'm in the process of building up my 200gal with some big haps, not on my list was hybrids, too late now I guess.

Schneider

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
Hammond, In
Dez.;3451398; said:
:( Not happy about my purchase anymore. Serves me right for buying fish on a whim I guess. I did pick up two lichnochromis acuticeps and just wanted to add in some extra fish in with them to lessen the stress placed on them from current tank mates.
I'm in the process of building up my 200gal with some big haps, not on my list was hybrids, too late now I guess.
Don't be bummed out. Try to find someone that doesn't care and will buy them from you. Lots of people around here knowingly buy hybrids everyday. Don't quite understand it myself. I would politely confront your dealer about your dissatisfaction. Maybe he will accept a return.

kingyella

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
Louisiana
im not really thrilled with ob fish myself, but to someone else this may be a rare find. You don't just run across ob d. compressiceps(around here anyway), see if you can return the fish, if not offer it for resale.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
try to sell it, plenty of people seem to like these hybrids...just make sure they are informed of it

Dez.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
South Australia
Well I do really like them. Rekon I'll keep em for now and see what I think when they get bigger. If they start to cause problems in the tank I'll sell them on. Some people may pay good money for full grown marbled eye biters.
Has anyone got any photos of full grown ones?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store