55G Victorian and Malawian Tank

www.JandRHookahs.com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Houston
Hey boys and girls, just wanted to share some images of my tank. This is my latest setup, a 55g with 2 very young colonies; 7 Ruti Islands and 12 Flavus.

Fish are going on their 3rd week in the tank, and are doing fantastic. As you can see in the pictures, I am starting to wean them on romain lettuce. They have been grazing on this stuff for a few hours now and seem to enjoy it thoroughly! What do you guys think?

Just a question, how long do you guys think I should allow them to graze on this stuff? Theoretically, they are eating at the same pace they would be in nature, and the same portions (I think?).

www.JandRHookahs.com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Houston
Sorry the image quality, taken with my blackberry. Im buying a Digital soon, so that should be solved shortly.

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.
I would love to see some close up pics of those RI's you have.....get hot and get that camera!

Eric A

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Australia
I agree, deffo need some upclose pictures of your beautys. That rock formation looks hot, nice one.

www.JandRHookahs.com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Houston
Its comin fellas, lol, I know these pictures suck.

Anyone here have any advice on how long to keep the lettuce in the tank? Would it be safe to keep it in there most of the day to allow them to eat at their own convenience?

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Are you feeding them other things as well? Lettuce actually has very little nutritional value. It is fine as a treat per say but not as a stable diet.

1974Pantera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2008
San Carlos, Ca.
www.JandRHookahs.com;3468168; said:
Its comin fellas, lol, I know these pictures suck.

Anyone here have any advice on how long to keep the lettuce in the tank? Would it be safe to keep it in there most of the day to allow them to eat at their own convenience?
I would feed those guys a spirulina flake, as Bre eluded to, the need more nutrition than what they are getting from lettuce.

Where's that camera already?????

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store