Status
Not open for further replies.

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
I HATE TO SELL THIS GUY
sturgeon are my favorite fish, but I just cant dedicate an entire tank to him, and I will likely be shutting down my pond soon.

Next I must say I don't know exactly what species it is. My guess is either White Sturgeon, Acipenser transmontanus, or some type of hybrid sturgeon. HE IS NOT A STERLET!

He is in a tank around 67-70 degrees, and feeding on frozen bloodworms. Aeration is VERY IMPORTANT, so you either need to run bubble wands, or keep your water level low so the filters stir up the surface very well.

Your tank needs to be free of anything they can get stuck in, including filter tubes. You'll need to stick something between them and the wall of the tank or they can become trapped.

He is aprx 6" and will get very large eventually. You can expect them to get to 12-14" in the next 7 months, then they slow down IME. I may even be interested in buying him back in the future when I have a place for it.

Asking $50 or possible trades for oddballs. He must be going to someone with a 18" wide tank, 6' long would be prefered. Or I'd love to see him in a pond

The pictures are from the internet, but look 99% similar. I can't get pics of mine, they swim too fast

acipenser.jpg

acipenser_transmontanus.jpg

juvgrnsturg-web.jpg

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
Still wishing I could make the trip to pick this up....:(. Maybe if you don't get any other interest, we could meet in Cinci sometime in the next 2 weeks.

new2natives

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
ohio
cross your fingers connor!
i have someone coming to look at a tank i have for sale. if i sell it, i will be coming to cinci, and hopefully we can meet up!!
i'd love to see it in your pond!

Trevor0015

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2009
Ames Iowa
Are you willing to ship? I have been looking for a stergeon for a long time and would love to put him in my 180 gallon FW tank... I live by Des Moines Iowa or else I'd just come and get him... Let me know at trevhead89@yahoo.com or just post on this thread... Thanks

Trevor

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
new2natives;3487690; said:
cross your fingers connor!
i have someone coming to look at a tank i have for sale. if i sell it, i will be coming to cinci, and hopefully we can meet up!!
i'd love to see it in your pond!
Well keep me updated. I may be able to finagle a trip up to cinci. Then I could get a longnose gar up there as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store