600 gallon tank finally here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
So, we bought R1_Ridah's 600 gallon, and FINALLY!!! had the time to go get it. It is not yet set up as we literally unloaded it tonight. Our catfish have outgrown their 180 gallon, and are getting an upgrade. :headbang2

For the condensed version, go here.

Since we have bothered our friends so many times to move tanks for us that they cringe when we say, "Can I ask you a favor?", that we opted to rent a truck with a lift gate. So, yesterday, we ended up renting a freaking huge 24' truck from Penske as it was the smallest they had with a decent sized liftgate. Absolutely the best thing ever! Since Joey already had the tank of the stand and on floor dollies, we (Joey, his son, Eric, and I) literally just rolled it onto the lift and into the truck. While it was way too hot to be doing this and it was a lot of work, the four of us moved the entire thing into the truck.

The tank on it's side sitting on the floor dollies:

The loot strapped into the back of the moving truck:

Me driving 'The Beast' 50 miles down the 5 freeway through downtown traffic:

My new friend the tar truck showing me the best lanes to be in when trying to figure out where the 'the slow lane' is on all the interchanges :WHOA::

Today, Eric and I unloaded the truck and did a 3-D jigsaw puzzle in our garage. We already had our landlord's car (which he FINALLY actively agreed to move :D:nilly::headbang2), a 385 gallon pond which we want to plumb to the 600, a r/o water tower with a 180 gallon tank underneath with a 100 gallon sump on the floor, a mixing barrel, etc. Now we added a the enormous stand, tank, sump, filtration, autowater change system, etc, etc, etc.... Once the car is out and the tank is together it's going to be awesome, but for now it's like a grown ups jungle gym.

Me finding my way out:

And, then finally, we popped the cork and figured it was time to relax. :)

Oh, I have to thank Joey so very much. He had been so wonderful, kind, helpful, and cool. Just adding a Market Feedback rating of +1 to him seems completely shabby when I look at how great this all went down. We are sorry to see him take a break from the hobby, but truly appreciate what he had passed onto us. We will be looking forward to him coming back to the hobby when he's good and ready.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Im soo stoked for you that you got that tank. Its gonna be killer. Good luck getting it set up!! Hey , I just hafta share with you that the coaster that you have your champagne sitting on matches the toilet paper in my bathroom!!! Cheers!!!

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
robmcd;3488487; said:
Im soo stoked for you that you got that tank. Its gonna be killer. Good luck getting it set up!! Hey , I just hafta share with you that the coaster that you have your champagne sitting on matches the toilet paper in my bathroom!!! Cheers!!!
Really?... I'd love to get ahold of some UCLA tp! However, nobody deserves to use USC tp unless they went to the University of Washington. And, yeah.... our football team definitely sucked that day. Oh, well. Can't be King forever. ;)

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
ceejayt2k;3488500; said:
Hi, please post pictures when the tank is all set up. thanks
Absolutely. :) But, I think there will end up being pictures of 'the process' and not just the end product. With having to figure out plumbing in the 385 gallon pond and adding the extra filtration needed, I don't foresee this being done anytime soon. Actually, I can't remember a tank ever truly being 'done'. ;) So, yeah. There will be lots of pics.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Wet Whiskers;3488494; said:
Really?... I'd love to get ahold of some UCLA tp! However, nobody deserves to use USC tp unless they went to the University of Washington. And, yeah.... our football team definitely sucked that day. Oh, well. Can't be King forever. ;)
Right on!! Way to be a good sport about it. Anyways, in all seriousness, best of luck with that tank. We all look forward to seeing pics of it up and running soon!! And if you live 50miles south of joey then you must be somewhere near me correct??

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
robmcd;3488505; said:
Right on!! Way to be a good sport about it. Anyways, in all seriousness, best of luck with that tank. We all look forward to seeing pics of it up and running soon!! And if you live 50miles south of joey then you must be somewhere near me correct??
You're a lot close to us than we are to him. Probably 20 miles? Love Laguna Beach. Good beaches, great food, fun events, interesting people... (And, no. It's not just like the stupid show... )

Yeah. Can't wait to get it up and running. The poor catfish are crammed into the 180 while they have to stare at their new big home just feet away. Good thing they don't know any better!

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
congrats! great kitty home.. sad to see R1 leave but great seeing a fellow mfker taking care of the beast!

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
ettfettbranamn;3488550; said:
congrats! great kitty home.. sad to see R1 leave but great seeing a fellow mfker taking care of the beast!
For the next year or two there will be 2 TSN, 1 RTCxTSN, 1 giraffe cat, 2 niger catfish, 1 granulosa catfish, and then the random gold clown knife. Depending on how everyone does in the tank, I'd like to see a couple big peacock bass or aros hanging out near the top. I figure this tank will last these kids until we move and build a much larger permanent home or convert a pool. Talk about motivating me to go for a swim...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store