My inexpensive drip system

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Im tired of changing 150 gallons a week on one tank. I went to Lowes and cured it all for less than $70 and had a lot of stuff left over.
here is the stuff:

the pressure regulator (25psi) is right on the tap in my basement....sorry, my basement is gross.

The clear line off of the regulator goes to the right side of the filter in this pic. The filter has a carbon cartridge to remove clorine. Cat optional.

The outlet of the filter is reduced to 1/4" line to go to the drip emitter. once again, cat optional.

Dont piss around when drilling through walls:

Here is the drip line (small) and the drain from the sump (large).

Drilled sump for overflow drain:

Drip line running to the inlet of the tank *drip emitter not shown*

thats pretty much it. its simple yet effective. if you need more explanation or pix just let me know! I'll be glad to post more:)

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
looks cool. so you just leave the tap on?
yup:D the emitter is only 1 gph so as long as there isnt a leak im good:D

as far as getting wood goes, you'd hate it if you had to drill through the floor beams in my house.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
where does old water end up?
it goes down to my basement. the garden hose goes to the sump in my basement, and when it fills up the sump pump sends it to sewage hell.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
ooooooo cool. good idea. how hard would it be to notice if something goes wrong?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
well I check the tank every day, and if the emitter starts flowing water like mad the worst that can happen is just drip more, so more will go down the drain.
The only think I need to keep close tabs on is the heater.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
looks good

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store