Please tell me you've done this too !!!

daveydoodle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
How many times have you come across a great deal, and thought nothing about where you're going to put it? I'm glad I bought what I did, but really should have thought first. Just picked up a 14" Black Ghost Knife, 2 gorgeous 6" Botia Kubotai, one 5-6" Hypancistrus sp. and just a regular old 8" Gyrinocheilos aymonieri. Paid $20. I had everything ready to go for the transport home (25 min drive), and had an amuzing time watching him try to catch the Gyrinocheilos aymonieri. Everything was caught, bagged up nicely and on the drive home, with the new additions on my wife's lap in a box, I asked aloud...."where am I going to put these?" I'm not sure they're in the very best tanks right now, but it gets me off my butt to start up one of the 5 other tanks I have sitting around on my work bench in the garage (another had-to-have "great deal"). I hope they'll be okay for now. The Botias are in with two other 8" Chromobotia macracanthus, so hopefully they'll start to school (and avoid the Aro up top), the Ghost Knife is in a large "community tank", so if I have to replace any community fish, no big deal. The other two should be fine where they went.
I hope this happens to all of you too. Anyone else keep bagging supplies, nets, and transport containers in your car just in case??!

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
Never happened to me. I usually think before I buy. lulz

but good luck!

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Thats how I end up w/ a majority of my fish... and why i'm up to 8 tanks now.. I did put the kabosh on new fish! I just avoid my favorite "fish" stores 'n get in 'n out for supplies. If I linger.. the higher chance I leave w/ a new wet pet. Though, more often then not I end up saying no anyways. BUt soemtimes you just can't resist. I don't regret any of my purchases. but I should have taken more time in prepareing for some.

IKeepPacu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Long Island, New York
ive done it many times. even after saying 100x over i wouldent.

only good thing is, the hardcore aquarists like many of us on MFK, can answer "where do i put these" with the next question "which of my 10 extra tanks and 25 filters do i use for them"

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Never done that. I've never seen anything that was such a great deal that I couldn't pass up without thinking about it.

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
Never! <Shudder>. An "impulse" buy for me would be seeing a fish, going home & researching it, setting up a tank with a cycled sponge, decorating it, admiring it for a day or 2 then going back to get the fish. That's as close as I get to an impulse buy. It's not fair to the live animal and not fair to me to just buy it and not have anywhere to put it when I get home.
Capricorns suck with our responsible ways, don't we? ;)

daveydoodle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
It's not like I put him in a goldfish bowl. However, I could swear that I had almost a dozen Neons last night. Boy, they're really good at hiding now since I put the Ghost Knife in there. Maybe they're all just playing together - hide and seek??!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store