My 450g Show Tank

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Well, not much to see yet, but I'll keep this updated as I make progress.

I picked this up off of craigslist this weekend. It's a 450g acrylic tank. The acrylic is 1.25" thick. A total beast. The guy actually had two of them setup as salt water swim tanks. Its predrilled on the bottom with 6 holes. I plan on using two for overflows, two for returns, and two for quick water changes.

Loaded on the trailer:

And on dollies where it'll finally end up:

The stand will be made out of 2" steel tubing. It's actually being started today and hopefully I'll have it by the weekend so I can start working on plumbing.

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
Awesome tank and great position right there. Can't wait to see it filled :)

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
DAyum.. so that's where my tank ended up..

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Yeah, I originally wanted 108"x48"x36" but couldn't do that because it would cover up the decorative tile on the floor in front of it. I then started pricing out 9' tanks and found that the extra foot adds a lot. So I started pricing out 96"x36"x30" - the best quote I could get was just over $3000...and then this appeared on craigslist for $2000.

It took four guys and two dollies to get into the house...I'm planning on having a "lifting party" once the stand is done.

theanimalman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2005
Farmington, Utah
Great looking tank. Can't wait to see the progression of the build.

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Rays are illegal in AZ. I'm gonna look into permits though. Either that, or my address will succeed from the state.

Right now I'd like to do an aro up top, cichla and oddballs in the middle, and rays on the bottom, but we'll see what happens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store