Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
Hi mate.

Thats some cracking P. Obscura mate, really love him..:headbang2

I was wondering, how do you manage to keep that obscura along with other fish, I mean... I have read Parachanna Obscura is a solo species because he would devour anyfish within his reach even those of his own kind.....

What's yor secret to succeed?.

Cheers.

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
hehe thanks mate, secret um nothing except all tank mates were that size when i got him and he was just about 3inch as was the pluero,maybe that growing up with them and eating pellets and prawns only helped,apparently the best channa for community sucess is pluero and obscura so i understand,as to date of 9-10months its been great

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
south coast nelly;3590418; said:
hehe thanks mate, secret um nothing except all tank mates were that size when i got him and he was just about 3inch as was the pluero,maybe that growing up with them and eating pellets and prawns only helped,apparently the best channa for community sucess is pluero and obscura so i understand,as to date of 9-10months its been great
Well I have different info about that, but anyway....Do you think I can be successful if I try to keep two P Obscura of around 4" in a 100gal for life?.

What would you suggest?.

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Its a gamble my friend, try to get a pair, maybe a group of juvi and attempt a pair then rehome the rest, but are they legal where you are?otherwise id reccomend going solo,i had a male and female pluero but she killed him, but as just one's they seem fine,

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
Thanks for the advice mate, and about the species legality in mo country, to tell true I don't know if they are banned or not, I supposed they're banned because you don't see this ones on trade, however I don't know if all the kinds of SH are banned have to investigate.

Cheers.

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com