Arowana sitting on bottom of tank

jkruger83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2006
Ambler, PA
Usually he stays at the top (obviously) but lately hes been sort of resting on the bottom of the tank, there are no visable signs of disease and he is well fed. Is this normal? What could the reason for this be?

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
my arowana did that for a week or two. did you check your water parameters? my nitrate and nitrate were high and his scales started to fall off

angeladay

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
So Cal
www.youtube.com
Usually he stays at the top (obviously) but lately hes been sort of resting on the bottom of the tank, there are no visable signs of disease and he is well fed. Is this normal? What could the reason for this be?
Did you move him into a new tank? How big is the tank? It could diplay such behavior when it is stressed in the new environment, more so if the tank is small.

Reactions: Addiction_aquatics

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
Did you move him into a new tank? How big is the tank? It could diplay such behavior when it is stressed in the new environment, more so if the tank is small.
acording to the tank setup button it is a 6" silver and its in a 75gal.

dacox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2005
Illinois
Are any of his tank mates stressing him out?

dp73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2006
ca
is your lighting to bright? my silver use to experience the same thing.

KRSwop1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Nope, not normal^. It's stressed out for some reason. Either water quality, tank size or tank mates, but yeah he's stressed out.

kody1192

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Illinois
Nope, not normal^. It's stressed out for some reason. Either water quality, tank size or tank mates, but yeah he's stressed out.
im sure a upgrade from that tiny 75gallon with all them fish wouldnt hurt

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
they sometimes do that. considered it resting. or i could be stress.

does he stay there and refuse to swim during feeding time? if yes check water parameters. also add blackwater if water parameters are ok. avoid feeding for a time being if it is stress related.

Reactions: Addiction_aquatics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store