• I don't need fish that bad

Votes: 10 12.8%

• Total voters

airborne82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2009
New York
Assuming you had to shop at one and a LFS was not an option which one would you shop at. Assuming you are shoping for freshwater fish because petsmart only caries fresh.

Plec123

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
North Jersey
my petsmart pwns my petco lol. my petco has no knowlegable employees and unhealthy stock. my petsmart has the opposite. but, both stores have those stupid little "care sheet" cards with false info on them...

knicks791

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2009
yonkers ny
Eh.... I have had bad experiences with both. One petco has oscars with HITH. One petsmart lady tried to tell me Oscars are african cichlids, but over all petsmart is better.

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
My petsmart is way better than my Petco...

~ocean

gt1009

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Wilmington, NC
At home in Chicago our petsmart is better than petco, but down here in Wilmington, NC the petco is way better. I really think it just depends on the individual staff at the stores.

Sarah88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2009
Wilmington, NC
yeah im down in wilmington to and i think it really depends on who is working that day there is one guy at petsmart and one at petco that are very knowledgable that whenever i ask questions the other employees always gets them for me, but other than that the other staff arent very knowledgable i went into petco one day and like 5 of their clown fish and a yellow tang had ick, i told one of the people and he was like "oh ok thanks" but then never went and did anything, they do have a larger variety though, i think down here petco might win by a very small margin IMO but they are a little more expensive with certain things

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
back in Orlando the Petco was garbage but the one here is pretty nice, except for the Oscar with exposed skull...... but thats just a part of every store. Oscars get big, if they aren't sold their conditions get awful very quickly. But they actually have saltwater stuff and a nice setup overall.

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
petco pwns petsmart here very neat clean and organized

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store