Suprize in my 150gal.

bgcoop8784

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2009
Augusta GA
OK, been noticing that my black gravel is cleaner in the morings than at night when i turn the lights out on my 150 gal sa/ca cichlid tank, well i was watching the fish earlier and noticed a long pair of whiskers coming out from under my big rock, kept watching and a crayfish/crawdad crawls out and then backs back under it. He's about 2" long and have no idea how he's surviving with these fish, and have NO idea how he got in there, store bought malaysian driftwood and the rock. Has anyone else had any wierd discoveries like this??

Reyairia

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Vancouver, WA
I found a starfish in my sister's fish-only tank. She bought it from some guy on craigslist with fish and everything in it, but I'm surprised a starfish popped up after a few months of buying it, especially since my sister does a water change once a month.

I've never kept a saltwater tank and neither has she so we don't know how common it is.

coeus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2009
maryland
you hear these stories much more often in salt water tanks where theyll get hitch hikers on their live rock from the fish store, was the rock purchased from another aquariast?

best bet: it was in the rock when you took it out of the other dudes tank and made the trip to your house into your tank, or on the drift wood same scenario

dont really have anyother idea how a crayfish got in your tank without you noticing unless someone else put it in there thinking itd be funny

shiv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2006
india
Just enjoy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store