One of those "Guess what I found at Wal-mart?" thread

Mr.Kiet

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Syracuse, NY
So yesterday I went to Wal-mart to pick up my bro from work since his car is in the work shop and while I was waiting for him to get his stuff ready I went to the Fish section to check out what they have in store. They pretty much have all those common stuff as other Wal-marts around the area does such as Common Plecos, Goldfish, a few Koi, Chinese algae eaters, barbs etc.. and as soon as I walk to the last tank I was shock to see these:

:eek: Another sad thing is they listed the specie only "grow up to 12" with proper cares" :screwy: AND how much these fish cost? $4.45 :nilly::WHOA: Yep, thats how cheap it is... I can't imagine if someone bought 2-3 of them and put in their 30 gallons :cry: I wish I had the tank space to pick up all of them to save them from the disasters :grinno: but then who would support Wal-mart right? :D:irked:

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
how many of these you think will end up in 10 gallons?

Mr.Kiet

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Syracuse, NY
According to Wal-mart and the 1 inch per gallon rule... I think I can fit 2 in the 10 gallon :ROFL:

Aridd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
Oregon
thats messed up, i checked all three walmarts in my town for these since i heard the rumors they were carrying them, ended up driving an hour to portland for my clown knife

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
wow, my walmart dosen't sell fish anymore... there was a big protest...

~ocean

Acura_RSX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2008
Newfoundland, Canada
~ocean;3599719; said:
wow, my walmart dosen't sell fish anymore... there was a big protest...

~ocean
wasn't a protest or anything here but i guess htey werent making money off of fish here. the two walmart closest to me used to have big isles and a good few tanks set up with fish .. they now have all the tanks taken out and have the isles cut down to one side and only a half a side at that.

Plec123

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
North Jersey
none of those will end up in the proper tanks......

the one on the right has a sweet pattern though.

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
the people who decide to buy those poor fellas, don't really have an appreciation for them. unfortunately, most of those knives will probably be dead within a few months after being purchased, if that.

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Believe it or not but I bought my Florida Gar from Wal-mart 9 years ago and I still have him today. :D In this case, the guy running the fish department at the time was very knowledgeable and he ordered a lot of the more rare/oddball species. And he did inform the buyer about how big the species got and what size tank it needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store