Tank behind couch...

bradvb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2007
London, Ontario, Canada
My wife and I recently bought a house and will be moving in soon. I want to put my 6X2X2 tank behind my 6 foot long couch (they butt up to eachother perfectly). I was wondering if anyone can post some pics of this type of set-up so I can use if to convince my wife it will look good! I want to create a tank that can be viewed from all angles.

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Just make sure it's easily cleanable...sound cool, but I had a 3'er on one side of a couch...what a pain to do water changes without dribbling fish water all over the couch.

cainekoz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Texas
i had a 55 gallon as my head board over my bed for a while but maintenance got too hard so i had to move it, but over a couch seems like it would be easier just make sure water wont mess up the material the couch is made of

bradvb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2007
London, Ontario, Canada
It is adjacent to the kitchen, so running a python to it will be a complete breeze, and the tank has a tight fitting top...so the couch reall should get wet very often.
Anyone have any pics?

uncwnells

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Wilmington, NC
Python or not I manage to get water everywhere when I try to add fish or remove fish. I have a 125 like that but with a desk and I hate it. My fish also manage to spalsh water everywhere when they are romping about. Another thing I would worry about is when people are sitting down the couch will slide into the tank and put pressure on the stand.

tamzor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
galvestion
especially if u have kids, its just easier for them to access the tank and cause damage and i hope your coach is made of leather.

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
i have to agree, i get some water drippage on the floor when i move fish from one tank to another, from the net. also, my arowana and oscars jump when i open the lid to feed them. their jumping does splash water. i prefer to keep my tanks out in the open and away from furniture.

nospeed411

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2009
Central PA
I am considering the same thing with my old 55 we just took down....Now that the 90 is up I want more...LOL Hey wait thats how I got the 90.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store