Do most MFKer's ......

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Raise baby monstes and watch them grow?
or
Buy large Monsters and have these beasts ready to swallow things?

Austin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2005
i'm tired of having to grow stuff out to go in the big tanks so i am only purchasing large things now. there would be a couple exceptions though

[enjoyable_attempt]

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2008
Cleveland Ohio
I like watching them grow, so I usually buy stuff small. But there are some exceptions. I'm a sucker for good deals, so reguardless of the fish's size, if I want it and its cheap, I'll buy it.

Although my fronts are growing way to slow. I would like to see them large now, Ive seen them small for the last two years >:|

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
I enjoy buying them small and watching them grow.

They change so much in terms of colour, behaviour, aggression et al that I want to see them at every stage of development. I can see the appeal of instant monster, but seeing them tiny and anticipating the monster they'll become is what keeps me checking the tank 10x a day, every day!

O

smithj427

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2008
Edmonton, Canada
I think it's much more rewarding when you can watch them grow but may not be exciting the whole time you own them. Also though if it's an expensive fish it could just be riskier to get them young so then I might be more persuaded to get bigger.

good topic though

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
I buy them small if it's too expensive. I like to buy them medium to large size to grow them them out. I hate setting up a growout and doing all the extra maintainance.

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
bomber;3602783; said:
Raise baby monstes and watch them grow?
or
Buy large Monsters and have these beasts ready to swallow things?
both for me, actually. i mean if i buy them as fry if i lose them its always hard so i try not to get attached to any of my fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store