where can I buy a 55g online?

ChannelCat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I am getting worried about my 50g custom tank so I want a new all glass tank. I called the lfs and they want 120 for one. Where can I buy one online for a reasonable price? ($60-$80):nilly:

ChannelCat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
12 Volt Man;3602859; said:
what is worrying you about your current tank?
i dont know its history. It is fairly old i believe. There is not much support. I just worry about it a lot, and I believe if I had a professionally built store bought tank I would be a lot more comfortable.

craigslist
Been there today...Not a huge selection within an hour or so of here. I am still searching though.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
if you tend to worry I would bite the bullet and buy new.

its worth the added piece of mind over used stuff.

used tanks have been drained, filled etc, perhaps left dry after being filled for a while etc.

in other words, you don't know the history either.

its probaby better to buy a brand new tank for a little added peice of mind if you can swing it.

ChannelCat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
12 Volt Man;3602898; said:
if you tend to worry I would bite the bullet and buy new.

its worth the added piece of mind over used stuff.

used tanks have been drained, filled etc, perhaps left dry after being filled for a while etc.

in other words, you don't know the history either.

its probaby better to buy a brand new tank for a little added peice of mind if you can swing it.
Thats what Im wanting to do but I was wondering if there are any good deals online. I have done some searching but i cant find any decent websites that will ship.

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
you can't really get a new tank glass for 50-60.. cuz the tank brand new online is more than $100.. Only way u can find one is on cragslist or here on MFK and hope a tank will come around..

Or free..;) I've picked up about 3 tanks off the street when people no longer wanted to continue the hobby..

But cragslist is def your best option..

ChannelCat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
trojan09;3603051; said:
you can get a 55 for $75 at my favorite pet store. and they charge no tax!
where is that?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store