14" BGK, Geo, Mormyrid, L204 Community

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Just got the tank all set-up in the kitchen.. Happens to be a very nice plant in the window of the kitchen, and the window happens to be 4' long. :naughty: Makes a real nice effect, IMO..

Enjoy :headbang2

Tankmates:
14" BGK
8" Elephant Nose
3" Geophagus Surinamensis
2" L204 Flash Pleco
9x Cololmbian Red/Blue Tetra
4x Blue Danio

BGKCommunity.jpg

BGK2.jpg

BGKCommunity2.jpg

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Oh yeah.. and I went with UGF because this tank is upstairs and I am tired of listening to HOB filters splash. Also figured out a little trick with the venturi in the powerhead, if you put a small 'bubble-wand' on the end of the air-line tubing, it won't make that annoying gargling noise. This tank is virtually mute.

GeoSur.jpg

BGK.jpg

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
I thought you werent suppossed to keep knives and morymids together?

Nice tank btw.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Looks good.

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
Miles when I ran a UGF and powerhead I got rid of the airline alltogether. Simply get a tube big enough so that the powerhead sits right at the top, to oxygenate the water.

This makes it completely silent and gives a better flow rate than with the airtube.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
I thought you werent suppossed to keep knives and morymids together?

Nice tank btw.

They aren't, but these guys have lived togethor in this 55g tank for about 9 years now. I inhereted them. They seem to really enjoy each other, and never bother each other.. They must be on the same wave-length..

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Miles when I ran a UGF and powerhead I got rid of the airline alltogether. Simply get a tube big enough so that the powerhead sits right at the top, to oxygenate the water.

This makes it completely silent and gives a better flow rate than with the airtube.
You can't really tell in the picture, but the PHs are about 1/2 up the tank, with a directional output that is pointed upwards so it creates surface turbulance/O2. Only 1 of the 2 powerheads has the venturi style going on it.. I Just like the look of the bubbles I guess, but you make a good point about flow rate. Also, the bubbles are a good indicator of poor water quality when they start to collect on the top. I do enough water changes however that it dosn't seem to matter.

I also like having my PHs sit lower so if I get busy or lazy with W/C's, it can drop a few inches without making any noises.. That was my biggest problem with the HOBs..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store