Help me out with Tank Mates.

iplaylacrosse6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2009
North Carolina
Hey guys, so i need a little advice. Please Expereinced tankers Only..

I live in an APT. with some Roomates who know nothing about fish. I went and set up my 75g which I know will work well, but they bought some random ass fish and I need some help determining if it is going to work or not. (cause I told them if i could set up the tank in the APT I would let them put fish in there just so i could pu my tank up... HAHA)

Right now I have 3 Green terrors that are mine (which I know are too big for a 75 gallon, but it only gets worse. PS. 1 male, 2 females about 3 inch each)

My dumb ass roomates bought an Electric Blue Cichlid (about 5 inch. from PetsMart) and a Bummble Bee Cichlid (about 4.5 inch from PetsMart) and they seem to rule the tank.

Right now the 3 GT's are getting picked on hard, and I know they are going to rule the tank soon enough, But I want to know if I should get rid of the Scrub Cichlids so I can raise my GT's Correctly, or will they be ok in the tank? (I want my GT's too look beautiful cause I love those fish more than anything. like dark color, with strong colorful fins)

There are plenty on plants/caves in the tank.

Please let me know what you think, MFK has helped me out so much, please keep helping me with htis problem. Thanks again guys....

Matt....

killerfahaka

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2007
Texas
GT is what you want then get rid of any fish that would nip on there tails..

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Scoop out the other two additions that your dumb ass roommates added and trade them in for fish credit. When the roomies come home just say they died.

coeus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2009
maryland
bomber;3604717; said:
Scoop out the other two additions that your dumb ass roommates added and trade them in for fish credit. When the roomies come home just say they died.
its ingenius

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
The africans will eventually kill your GT's... take them back to petsmart. And I'm assumeing no QTing.. watch your GT's for disease... And since anything you mix w/ the GT's will likely kill them.. or be killed by the GT's... gratz on haveing ticked off room-mates... GL w/ that :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store