Advice

Catfish Keeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
Ohio
I currently have a 6" Bullhead, 4" Albino Senegal, 14-16" Fire Eel, Two Pearl Gouramis in my 150g tank. I want to add my baby pearl gourami, 4" NTT, 3" Purple Gudgeon, 4.5" African Knife, and 2" Eclipse Catfish from my 55g. I was wondering if there would be any issues between these fish. thanks.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
The gouramis may fight.. that large a tank.. maybe not.. hard to say.. the NTT since such a slow grower may become bullhead food eventually.. or Bichir chow.. The gudgeon likely as well. and the eclipse is small enough the fire eel might try and eat it. They usually avoid eating other fish.. but eclipses are slender at that size.. so he may take a crack at it. But if he hasn't bothered your Sen.. might be fine.. I'de let him put a few more inches on though to be safe. The knife and fire eel might have some issues if there aren't enough hideing spots. or the eel mistakes the knife for another eel, not likely but possible. These are all imo worst cases possabilities.. But those are every potential problem i see. Overall I think it would work.. at least for a good while.

I'de just say w/ that many bottom dwellers re-arrange the decor/hide spots and add more. 2 per fish min.

Catfish Keeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
Ohio
MonsterMinis;3605039; said:
The gouramis may fight.. that large a tank.. maybe not.. hard to say.. the NTT since such a slow grower may become bullhead food eventually.. or Bichir chow.. The gudgeon likely as well. and the eclipse is small enough the fire eel might try and eat it. They usually avoid eating other fish.. but eclipses are slender at that size.. so he may take a crack at it. But if he hasn't bothered your Sen.. might be fine.. I'de let him put a few more inches on though to be safe. The knife and fire eel might have some issues if there aren't enough hideing spots. or the eel mistakes the knife for another eel, not likely but possible. These are all imo worst cases possabilities.. But those are every potential problem i see. Overall I think it would work.. at least for a good while.

I'de just say w/ that many bottom dwellers re-arrange the decor/hide spots and add more. 2 per fish min.
Alright, thanks

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
And... the bullhead might try and eat the eclipse as well. Bullheads just eat... they also like cooler temps then the rest of your fish. You might consider getting him his own tank/new home eventually. ime they aren't too horridly aggresive, but if it fits in the mouth it's dinner.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store