What does your LFS do when??

Cichla dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Springfield MA
www.facebook.com
You say you will buy a large trade in fish or large fish or any fish??
My good lfs says to me what size tank, tankmates, and all the good questions. Then I have to bag the fish myself. The only fish I will not bag myself is when I purchase a Silver Arowana or Stingray I let their fish expert do that :)
Do you have to bag a fish or do they do it for you??
Post some pics of you buying a fish at your lfs. I will try when I go to pick up some Poly Endlis and Dels. Thats right guys I am a poly freak now... :) Back on topic I will try to.
-Alex
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Man, I'd never let people bag their own fish...what if they drop it of something and then don't want to pay?

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
i have never heard of any LFS store letting the customer bag the fish.. i think that is a bad practice.. just totally risky.. plus people who have no idea of bagging fish stress the fish and all the others in the tank.. it takes some expertise to net a fish and bag it properly..

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
I have never heard of a fish store having a customer bag their own fish.

most have no idea what they are doing..and stress and or damage the fish..resulting in a dead fish being brought back and a *****y customer.

thats cool that yours does if they know you.

I used to bag my own fish too, but I worked there for 8 years so they know that I know how to properly catch and bag my own fish :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
None of the stores here allow or make the customers bag their fish purchases...except the one place I used to work at,they sometimes let me catch and bag my fish.

D12DetroitD12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Monroe, Michigan/Toledo, Ohio
Ive never heard of bagging your own fish....Ive tried to go to every lfs near me, only sometimes will they ask me about what tank size and tank mates i usually have to ask myself whats good for that fish.

assortedsorts

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2007
Ontario
My lfs never asks me tank size or anything...but then again i'm in there a lot and they all know me...I don't bag my own fish though.

Cichla dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Springfield MA
www.facebook.com
Well I was taught by Ed Pecord and David Gizza on how to bag a fish. These guys are great on knowledge. If you live in in MA I suggest to check out my good lfs Fish Frenzy! All I do is catch the fish place him in the container, add oxygen to the bag, and add stress coat and tie it up. Then off to accumulate in their new home!
-Alex
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
I have bagged my own fish when the high school kid had a very difficult time bagging it but I dont know of any that would just let you bag your own fish. I have been in this hobby over 20 years now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store