Help with rehoming in TX

101ita

Feeder Fish
Sep 25, 2009
Texas
My parents acquired a 55 gallon aquarium off craigslist a few weeks ago for my birthday. I've been keeping a 30 gallon oddball community for almost a year now and needed the upgrade for my quickly growing ropefish.

Now, the problem. The 55 gallon came stocked. The stock was 2 jack dempsy's, 2 oscars, and 2 black pacu (They may be red belly pacu, I'm not sure and am just going by what the add said).

The 1 oscar died in transit to my house because the tank had not been cleaned in months and the gravel was literally just enough to cover the glass so there was no sediment. I gave the jack dempsy's to my local fish store.

One of the pacu's came with an infected nose probably due to it's tank size, and although we treated the tank with medicines and even bought it a second filter, he passed away yesterday.

Now I'm left with a 12inch pacu in decent health, and a very stunning albino oscar.
I need to find a home for both these fish. The pacu is more of a problem, since worst come to worst I can simply give the oscar to my LFS where it will be taken care of nicely.

My question is this; Is there anyone in the greater Houston area of TX that is willing to take in a very mistreated Pacu? I can deliver the fish if needed, I just would really like him to get a good home. They are free of course.
Also, does anyone know if the houston aquarium, or zoo possibly take in Pacu's? I doubt it, but if anyone knows it would be very helpful.

I hope this is the right forum for this, new to this heh.

Here is a picture:

Here's a video of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU4j8wMdfj8

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store