Help Me Please?

KindredSpirit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2009
Sacramento, California
First post here so I hope this is the correct section ~

I have a 125 gal tank, 6 Frontosa 1 Blue Dolphin, 2 Lulepi ( sp ). Tank has been up for almost three years. No problems.

For some reason my tank will NOT stay clear. Use to be crystal.clear. I have two AC 110's on this tank.

Here is the deal and it is driving.me.nuts.

The AC's get really really dirty inside. Gross water and the sponges, media all are absolutely horrible!!

I will do a water change and in a few days the AC's are gross again:(

And the tank gets hazy. It is not a bacterial bloom and I have cleaned one filter, and in a few days I clean another. But they both come back with crap brown water!

What is going on?

I had Discus before this and my water was crystal clear as were the filters.

I am con.fused by this and can not find a solution. Do you think I need new AC's?

Help Me!

Marie ~

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
Bio load....

Me think you need a bigger filter to handle the bio load of the fishes.

How big are the fishes?

Cakilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Illinois
how big are your fronts and other fish ? they might be producing to much waste for the size of your tank I know with a few oscars as tehy have grown OMG they produce tons of waste I am no expert but just my little 2 cents .... so I would recomend going with a bigger tank or upgrading your filtration equipment ? other then that I really don't have any idea , what is your water parameters?

KindredSpirit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2009
Sacramento, California
haynchinook334;3614320; said:
Bio load....

Me think you need a bigger filter to handle the bio load of the fishes.

How big are the fishes?

Never thought of this. The wet pets are about 6 inches ~ I will take a picture. But I had 15 in there for ever and just reduced about 3 months ago to 6! And NOW I have a problem?

:WHOA:

KindredSpirit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2009
Sacramento, California
Cakilla;3614323; said:
how big are your fronts and other fish ? they might be producing to much waste for the size of your tank I know with a few oscars as tehy have grown OMG they produce tons of waste I am no expert but just my little 2 cents .... so I would recomend going with a bigger tank or upgrading your filtration equipment ? other then that I really don't have any idea , what is your water parameters?

Last I checked my water params were fine ~ I just don't understand why. WHY is there so much dirty crap and water in my filters. I have never had that before ~ clean it. Comes right back in days.

And ~

I don't even feed these guys that often or much.:(

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
How often and how much water do you change? When you change the water do you do a gravel vac?

KindredSpirit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2009
Sacramento, California
I have sand, and I use a Python. I was doing a wc once a month. Then all of a sudden after all this time and many fish reduction later, I started doing a water change weekly.

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
How much water do you change? Do you vac the substrate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store