Pricing a fish

Planteman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2009
Bay Area
I need some help with the price to sell my freddy at. He is around 8" and a year old. Nothing special, just a regular LFS freddy. Finally moving on to do the exodon tank I've been wanting to do for a while.

Anyone have any suggestions to a fair price?

If anyone in the Bay Area wants him I can give him to you at a discounted price.

Sorry no shipping.

Toby_H

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
Charlotte, NC
It's a tough call... Most people like getting fish when they are small and having the joy of watching them grow out themselves...

So unless you happen to find someone who is looking for exactly what you are looking to rehome... Chances are whoever takes it is doing you a favor as much as you are doing them a favor...

Since you have the burden of having the responsibility of a fish... How much is it worth to you to have them accept that responsibility for you?...

Market dictates price... You've gotta ask how much of a local market do you have for young adult Freddies?

Planteman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2009
Bay Area
I'd be willing to let him go to someone who could care for him adequately. I had plans to upgrade to at least a 180, but other things in life happened and now the funds for that have gone down the drain. The place I got him for had ones that were around 6" for $35-$40. I don't expect that much, maybe $20-$25. I want the fish to grow and live a good life rather than get money.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store