i accidently.....

trojan09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2009
In the the pet store
he was trying to get away from the net. once i corner him, i tried to sweep him up into the net. when i looked in the net he wasnt in there. so i checked again there he was motionless on the ground. i took a closer look and i was like ohh dang i cut him in half! so after i that i didnt want him to suffer so i threw him into my pred tank and my gar got a $3 dinner.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Sigh...It happens. I did it once too. Felt depressed for hours.

Toby_H

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
Charlotte, NC
One of the first times I spawned Blue Dempseys... I removed the brood from the parents very very carefully by siphoning them into a 1 gal pitcher... very very carefully removed the excess water... very very carefully carried them across the room over to the fry tank that was very very carefully set up for them...

... Then my girl let the dog in the fishroom which attacked the front glass of a fishtank right beneath me (he and that Oscar had a long lasting battle), I stepped on the dog's tail or leg (not really sure), it yelped, I jumped Blue Dempseys went into the air... Most of the water & fry landed on the dog...

I saved a few but not very many...

We all make mistakes... just do your best to pull a lesson out of it... I ended up moving my fry tanks away from the tank the dog liked to attack the most...

sostoudt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
va
just be more careful, ive never cut fish in half but ive done a shrimp. i suggest getting a big net and removing ornaments next time it will be easier if the tanks not heavily stocked.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store