stock suggestions

forsaken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2007
Ohio
I'm getting a 45-55 gallon tank. I want 1-2 schools of different fish, 1-2 big MAIN fish, a school or 2 of catfish/ loaches, 2-4 non schooling medium to small fish, one main bottom feeder, and whatever else I can fit. they will be in a heavily planted community tank of peaceful fish. I want them to be pretty active during the day and pretty fish not just plain silver. thx sooo much for all suggestions i really appreciate it.

justonemoretank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2009
Virginia
I would do a pair of Angels, a school of 8-10 Cardinals, a school of 8-10 Rummynoses, a school of 6-8 Silver Hatchets, and a school of 6-8 Cories (I love the Emerald ones because they're so active). Maybe some type of Bushynose Plec. Lots of color, lots of activity, and you get to watch the Angels spawn every couple of weeks (whether or not you keep up with the fry is up to you!), which is kind of neat to watch.

forsaken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2007
Ohio
thx plz as many ideas as possible, and can I do discus? plz just keep never ending ideas im open

forsaken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2007
Ohio
bump

forsaken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2007
Ohio
bump

Jmart159

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Tampa, Florida
I like the Idea of a few angels as your main fish. I like schools of Danios. They are fast moving active and good looking. I also use to really like my bloodfin tetras. Maybe a redtail shark as your main bottom feeder. Just a few ideas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store