What topwater fish to get?

aquaculture

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
In search of Leiarius
Tank size 120: dimensions 58.5 inches long, 16.5 inches wide, and 28 inches tall

tank mates would be: 1 angelfish, 1 black ghost knife, 1 rhino pleco, 2 spotted rapheals.

I need help figuring out a good mid to top water fish that has a max length less than 12 inches.

It would also need to be peaceful enough to happily live with the above tank mates.

Ph 7.6, Temp 76f - 82f
Semi hard water

No live plants will be used. except algae.
Also gars are illegal. And an arowana would be to big.

Thak you for your help :)

aquaculture

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
In search of Leiarius
Thanks deeb, but i doubt i can get that through the lfs, but ill double check tomorrow.

what else?

hybridtheoryd16

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2007
kentucky
a trio of Hujeta characins is nice looking. But most require live foods. And some people are scared of that.

CTU2fan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Port Orange, FL
Either of those would work, or a needlefish (the LFS often sell it as a gar, they're NOT gars and they're not illegal). School of hatchetfish might work too, not sure if you like those, some people don't. Are you trying to keep it South American? If not there's always rainbowfish.

aquaculture

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
In search of Leiarius
Out of the ones suggest the ones i know my lfs can gat are african butterfly fish, hatchets, and needle gar.

leaning towards these two: african butterflyfish or school of hatchets.

wich would be the best?

hatchets would have plastic plants to hide in but i am worried they would become a snack for the black ghost knife.

Would the butterfly fish become to aggresive?

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Cichlaholics Anonymous;3637437; said:
go with some halfbeaks, very cool little livebearers

ooo yeah halfbeaks! i like hatchets as a top schooling fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store