Question on KRILL

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
:confused:

This odd question is being asked for a logical reason. I feed krill to my fish, but some of the manufacturers of krill have an inferior product in the sense that much of the product is not comprised of whole krill. You open the container and much of the krill is ground to the point of being almost a meal. They should call it krill meal with bits of krill. I know that sometimes this happens with the distribution process. Product so delicate can be broken up into bits and pieces. I need a product with large, whole pieces of krill so that I can stick them on the end of a bbq skewer. I need something that will not fall apart onthe skewer. I have tried various brands, but I noticed that my lfr sells and feeds Tetra Jumbo Krill, which are wholesome pieces of krill. I also noticed a brand called HBH on ebay. I've never tried Tetra Jumbo Krill, but they appear to be better quality. They also seem to cost a little more and I'm willing to pay more for a superior product. It's like buying a can Delmonte green beans versus a generic brand. You're going to get bigger, more evenly-cut pieces of green bean in the Delmonte can and you will also have no stems. This is what I'm getting at.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I feed my dats krill almost exclusively and I use either Hikari or Azoo brands.I have had this problem with almost half of the container being ground into a powder before.

ViperCLKGTR

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2008
Green Beans? Haha I've never seen a better product example come back to Green Beans.. I almost fell out of my chair.

The best Krill I've used though is Hikari. LOVE IT! All my fish love it too... I've never seen a more excited bunch eat than when that hood comes up, it's awesome to see Snowflake Moray, Ghost Ribbon, Lunar Wrasse, Clown, and Coral Beauty all come to the top to get some grub

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store