Petsmart/Walmart question?

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
Hi, I haven't been around here for a while, but I have a question about stores like Petsmart and Walmart. Has anybody here worked at either? Because for a school project, we have to take a picture of something that disturbs us, and I was gonna do dead fish. I was gonna sneak into the back room of Petsmart or Walmart and photograph wherever they keep the dead fish. Does anyone know if either of these stores A. Keeps their dead fish or B. Keeps overcrowded tanks in the back room? Thanks!

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Both of those stores have dead fish in their tanks. I'd imagine they would just throw them in the trash too.

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
When I was manager at Petsfart, I usually put my dead fish in the trash....
And the "Quiet" room is supposed to be locked at all times.

Plec123

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2009
North Jersey
i wouldnt imagine that a store keeps their dead fish... but if you wanted to get a good pic of dead fish, go to walmart and get a good shot of one of the plecos or CAEs eating the carcass of one of their deceased tankmates.

daveydoodle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
Yeah, shouldn't be hard to find at least one dead fish in their display / sales tanks. If there's a Petco near you they're worse than Petsmart. In my neck of the woods there are usually more dead ones than live ones....:(

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
what makes you think it's OK to go into a store's back room? there are consequences to doing something like that? you could be prosecuted.

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
Ok I'll just take a pic of a dead one In a tank. Once I saw someone putting all the dead fish in a cup and I thought they had to keep the dead ones for a few days to prove they don't steal/give away fish.

And would going into the backroom be that big of a deal? If it's for a good cause...

Wretched5705

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
Killafornia
TTTT;3641329; said:
Ok I'll just take a pic of a dead one In a tank. Once I saw someone putting all the dead fish in a cup and I thought they had to keep the dead ones for a few days to prove they don't steal/give away fish.

And would going into the backroom be that big of a deal? If it's for a good cause...
its trespassing plain and simple dude

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store