Betta fight

wvera05

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
illinois
HI all i have quite an emergency ive come home today to find that my 2 bettas which were separted have gotten into the same container and beat the crap out of each other both of there fins are shredded and there are cuts on there faces both are alive but what should i do to stablize the situatiopn and get them on the road to recovery ive heard that plantane leaves are good for them but not sure, i know this site isnt for bettas but i trust tin the information given here so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Separate them first. Provide good clean water to aid in healing. Since there are open wounds I would treat with melafix. This will help with secondary infections.

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
Melafix actually isn't good for labyrinth fish (like bettas), but they do make "betafix" which does the same thing (I believe it might just be diluted melafix). If you do use melafix, I'd start with a decreased dosage (maybe 1/2 the recommended) and keep an eye on them.

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
Dead banana leaves will be your best thing in healing a betta. Don't use any medication on betta...can be dangerous.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store