Tiger Muskie Tank Mates

mybrainsfreud

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2009
Michigan
i am getting one soon! i have a jardinii, a wallago attu, and a scomberoides. could and should they be in the same tank? the scomb grows slow but the other two will grow just as fast as the TM. Just a guess. the point is, they all grow fairly fast. any other tips would be greatly appreciated! thanks! water temp? surroundings? tank mates? food? light? etc.?

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
I haven't kept tiger muskies, but from my experience with smaller Esox I would recommend against this combination. Esox are shy fish and do not do well with pushy tankmates- they stress easily and are not good competitors for food. They also prefer cooler water than your other fish.

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
If this combo ever would work you making the right choice by using the hybrid rather then the pure breed parents species. As far as esox species go tigers are the most out going. It shouldnt be able to hold its own, maybe even out eat the others. I would worry about the scomb not getting enough food.

mybrainsfreud

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2009
Michigan
the scomb is completely skittish, although he's beginning to show signs of aggression, the cat is skittish as well and only eats what fits in his mouth. the aro would be the most aggressive as they grow, so the muskie should be ok i guess until size tanks over. hrmm.. thanks for the thoughts so far.

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
tennfan56;3666068; said:
Where can you get tiger muskies from?
I would also like to know

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
i see them here in MN at a lfs in forest lake...i think they are a distributor/ whole saler, idk if the can or do ship orders as i live 30min from them...there web site is forestlakepets.com...one could call them and ask...the tigers and northern pikes go for $15 there...they have pikes now and i have seen some tigers there last week but they might just have pikes now...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store