Got some JDs for almost for free!

chrisstylez1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
PA/NJ
Ok here we go. I went to my lfs to get some fish food, notice they had some jds for sale. They were about 5"-7" but were $30 each. So i said ugh maybe some other time. They ended up not having the fish food i wanted so i went to another lfs to find some. I notice they also had three 5"-7" jds. They were $30 with 50% off. So i start talking to the manager.

Me: Let me get one of those JDs.
Manager: Why not all 3
Me: well i dont have $45
Manager:How much do you have.
Me: Enough for one.
Manager: What the heck. You come here all the time for supplies. I"ll give you all 3 and the fish food($10.99) for $20 dollars.
Me: Bag them up! You got your self a deal!

They are currently in a qt tank. I will try to take pics tomorrow. Really wanted to share my joyful story with everyone. 3 jds with good coloring for 10 dollars basiclly, i call that a steal!

-Chris

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
wow that is some deal. I passed up a breeding pair for $7 bucks today...dont know if i'll regret that later :(

chrisstylez1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
PA/NJ
Yeah i say its a good deal for some reason around here jds go for 30 to 45 dollars

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
pretty good deal, although it does seem places charge too much for common fish like JD these days

chrisstylez1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
PA/NJ
Cichlaholics Anonymous;3672722; said:
pretty good deal, although it does seem places charge too much for common fish like JD these days
Yeah even oscars are about 50 dollars near me, 2'-3" endis 39.99 what???? granted they have really nice coloring unlike the ones at petsmart

gomezladdams;3672754; said:
Score!Pays to be friendly with the lfs!

Yeah. I am trying to get him to order me some 8" to 10" blackghost knives and sell them to me for cheap. but he said he doesnt know yet cause he would lose money on the sale.

Sab_Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
this is an important lesson in why it pays to frequent your LFS and be on good terms with the sales people there . . . I've gotten some good deals at mine, and they've let me know when something comes in I might be interested in, etc . . .

nicely done, congrats on your deal

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
My lfs just sold me an elctric blue JD for a $15... he took like 60% off because I ended up spending like $250

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store